Avatar von KarlSteiner Kam, sah und tippte
    Hallo Marc,

I am an old hardliner of subsims and was very happy to see the screens and videos about SH_III.

But I have a great handicap. I have by the moment no direct connection to the web. So I must always go to an official internet-coffe.

Please be so kind to read my questions(and maybe proposals). Thanks

Q.: Can we also see the navigation lights of sailing neutral ships at night?

A.:

Q.: Can we see some buoys and lighthouses in the areas of neutral nations in the early times of the WWII?

A.:

Q.: Will we see the time, date and position in the logbook for the several inputs?

A.:

Q.: Will we see the actual summa of our destroyed tonnage on board during a single patrol (in the logbook)?

A.:

Q.: Somewhere we red: "The manual entering the port will be able and very difficult." That will be a very
    good feature for the hardliners under the subsim-fans!
    If a real manual docking is possible, that would be a milestone and bring us more forward to a
    professional naval simulation!
    Because docking the key is one of the most difficult maneuvers in the navy and makes a good
    seamanship and a good Captain, too.
    Can we in the 1rst.-person view walk more forward to the reeling, so that we see more of the bow of
    the vessel?

A.:

Q.: On the video we can see the inside situation and on the bottom left the several faces of the crewmembers.
    Also the simple bars of the corresponding stations (engine-room, bridge, captains-quarter, radio-room,
    torpedo-room, AA-guns, damage-screen, log-book and so on) vertical on the upper left side.
    Will it be possible to clean the faces and only to use the simple bars or keys having a greater screen?

A.:

Q.: Many crews after a long time on board have a mud and not shaved outfit (they had beards) and are
    wearing simple vestments like pullovers on board.
    Will the outfit of the crew be changed to mud cloths and growing beards during a long patrol?

A.:

Q.: If not we will see always the same faces and bodies during the whole campaign, maybe this will be a little
    monotonous for some players.
    Will there be therefore a key to disappear the crew avatars?

A.:

Q.: Will we able to send signal lights to other ships (especially in the multiplayer mod)?

A.:

Q.: Can we the put on the navigational lights to irritate the enemy (especially in the multiplayer mod)?

A.:

Q.: A heavy moving sea will be the best sign for the quality of the reality for the coming SH_III. No
    hardliner certainly will miss them . But I know many persons who grow seasick seeing a heavy moving
    sea on a screen.
    Will you implement a key to reduce them like in the old "Aces of the Deep"?

A.:

Q.: We think you will display the GMT in digital digits.
    Will you show the actual ZT on board analog by a 24hours-clock (seen in the movie " Duell im Atlantik"
    with Curt Jürgens and Robert Mitchum.), so the crew can always see the day time submerged?

A.:

Q.: We had red that the smoke of ships are coming in sight first, than the masts and at last the hull.
    Will this be with the land-scenery and other objects, too (the top of mountains first)?

A.:

Q.: If we move the periscope up on surface, will we have then the largest possible view range?

A.:

Q.: Is the world-scenery of SH_III based and designed by a real globe model with real great-circle-distances?

A.:

Q.: And last:
    Will the player loose the scores , if he saves his situation in a campaign so in SH_II it was?

A.:

Best regards

KarlSteiner
    (04-08-03)

Avatar von KarlSteiner Kam, sah und tippte
    Hallo Marc,

I am an old hardliner of subsims and was very happy to see the screens and videos about SH_III.

But I have a great handicap. I have by the moment no direct connection to the web. So I must always go to an official internet-coffe.

Please be so kind to read my questions(and maybe proposals). Thanks

Q.: Can we also see the navigation lights of sailing neutral ships at night?

A.:

Q.: Can we see some buoys and lighthouses in the areas of neutral nations in the early times of the WWII?

A.:

Q.: Will we see the time, date and position in the logbook for the several inputs?

A.:

Q.: Will we see the actual summa of our destroyed tonnage on board during a single patrol (in the logbook)?

A.:

Q.: Somewhere we red: "The manual entering the port will be able and very difficult." That will be a very
    good feature for the hardliners under the subsim-fans!
    If a real manual docking is possible, that would be a milestone and bring us more forward to a
    professional naval simulation!
    Because docking the key is one of the most difficult maneuvers in the navy and makes a good
    seamanship and a good Captain, too.
    Can we in the 1rst.-person view walk more forward to the reeling, so that we see more of the bow of
    the vessel?

A.:

Q.: On the video we can see the inside situation and on the bottom left the several faces of the crewmembers.
    Also the simple bars of the corresponding stations (engine-room, bridge, captains-quarter, radio-room,
    torpedo-room, AA-guns, damage-screen, log-book and so on) vertical on the upper left side.
    Will it be possible to clean the faces and only to use the simple bars or keys having a greater screen?

A.:

Q.: Many crews after a long time on board have a mud and not shaved outfit (they had beards) and are
    wearing simple vestments like pullovers on board.
    Will the outfit of the crew be changed to mud cloths and growing beards during a long patrol?

A.:

Q.: If not we will see always the same faces and bodies during the whole campaign, maybe this will be a little
    monotonous for some players.
    Will there be therefore a key to disappear the crew avatars?

A.:

Q.: Will we able to send signal lights to other ships (especially in the multiplayer mod)?

A.:

Q.: Can we the put on the navigational lights to irritate the enemy (especially in the multiplayer mod)?

A.:

Q.: A heavy moving sea will be the best sign for the quality of the reality for the coming SH_III. No
    hardliner certainly will miss them . But I know many persons who grow seasick seeing a heavy moving
    sea on a screen.
    Will you implement a key to reduce them like in the old "Aces of the Deep"?

A.:

Q.: We think you will display the GMT in digital digits.
    Will you show the actual ZT on board analog by a 24hours-clock (seen in the movie " Duell im Atlantik"
    with Curt Jürgens and Robert Mitchum.), so the crew can always see the day time submerged?

A.:

Q.: We had red that the smoke of ships are coming in sight first, than the masts and at last the hull.
    Will this be with the land-scenery and other objects, too (the top of mountains first)?

A.:

Q.: If we move the periscope up on surface, will we have then the largest possible view range?

A.:

Q.: Is the world-scenery of SH_III based and designed by a real globe model with real great-circle-distances?

A.:

Q.: And last:
    Will the player loose the scores , if he saves his situation in a campaign so in SH_II it was?

A.:

Best regards

KarlSteiner
    (04-08-03)

Avatar von Ubi_Marc Mighty Grand Poobah of the Ubi Forums
    Schon gesehen!!!

<center>

Mighty Grand Poobah of the Ubi Forums