Avatar von Retired1936 Kam, sah und tippte
    If you try to patch the game in any way it will not work correctly. for some reason the up date removed that abbility.If I remember corectly it does say some thing about not being able to use a patch program. You can not win against a hard AI.The patch did address the cheats by not allowing them.

I cannot seem to patch the game. I have the game installed, and I have the CD in the drive.

The error message I receive is:

"The setup has detected that no version of ANNO 1404 is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed."

I'm running Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.

Originally posted by Jobbigt45:
    Why isn't the removal of install-limits and Tages mentioned in the patch notes?
    I wished they had removed the online activation. If i had known this had activation i wouldnt have purchased the game.

I note that EA now doesn't have activations for the Sims 3 and Dragon Age.

I always liked UBI but i don't like them anymore they are just as bad as EA. UBI if you want to keep your customers please remove the online activations.

Originally posted by wozzawas:
    I wished they had removed the online activation.
    They did remove the online activations in patch 1.1. But the patch notes doesn't mention it.

If you install the game and patch before you start it you don't have to enter your cd-key and you can play without the disc.

Originally posted by Jobbigt45:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wozzawas:
    I wished they had removed the online activation.
    They did remove the online activations in patch 1.1. But the patch notes doesn't mention it.

If you install the game and patch before you start it you don't have to enter your cd-key and you can play without the disc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That didn't work for me. I still had to activated the game. Though i didn't have to enter the cd key though.

Avatar von Elucca Junior Mitglied
    Hm, minor thing, but, something that isn't mentioned here is that apparently some of the achievements have changed names. Specifically, those that were humorous references to other media.

One I distinctly remember was Spice must flow, a reference to Dune, which is now named Extra Spicy.

Is it some sort of odd trademark issue?

I'm new with this game.

Where do I find the latest patch?

Thanks.

The patch is done automatically.

Avatar von Novisorbis Junior Mitglied
    The patch is a pretty big file and there are 2 to choose from. I don't want to download the wrong on.How do I know if I must download the US one or not. The handbook has a London address at the back for returns.

Avatar von Moryarity Meister der Buchstaben
    That depends on wich version fo the game you have.

If you have the UK version, then use the UK patch, if you have the US version, then use the US patch.

It's really easy to distinguish as the UK version is named Anno 1404 while the US version is called Dawn of discovery