This patch may have fixed some problems but it's caused a new one. Fleets no longer centre on the screen when you press their assigned number. A right royal pain when a ship is being attacked and you can't remember or see exactly where they are.

Even though I said I wasn't going to, I went ahead and updated my game with this patch. So far I'm having no problems. Two things I like about so far are you can hold down the shift key and refill all your norias on an island at once, instead of having to do them one at a time. The other is when you are buying things, there is a set of dice now that will allow you change the offerings on the 2nd row. After you click the dice, a timer goes on before you can do it again. This is great, because now instead of buying seeds I don't want just to have something else offered, I can roll the dice so to speak without spending honor.

Also just noticed, when the Acadamy of Wisdom discovers something, in the message now it's displayed what is discovered.

Avatar von Retired1936 Kam, sah und tippte
    Originally posted by ALXIAN:
    probably worth trying the patch but will wait until independent confirmation that the claimed fixes work.. and it doesn't break the game.

*sits on fence. (meaning, sticking to Majesty 2 for now)

[quote]Originally posted by Retired1936:
    Originally posted by ALXIAN:
    probably worth trying the patch but will wait until independent confirmation that the claimed fixes work.. and it doesn't break the game.

*sits on fence. (meaning, sticking to Majesty 2 for now)
    [/QUOTE

First thing you are going to find out is that you will no longer have acess to your profile.I tried using the patch but was not happy the way things worked so I went back to the un patched game and my profile was there but I could not acess it thru the game.

Originally posted by Soesah:
    This looks like a good list of fixes. Glad to see that the studio is still working on the title.

It would be great for the community to have some idea of what further plans there are for the game. There have been a lot of remarks, ideas, suggestions, and indications of problems in the game, but like someone else said, no word whatsoever in return. That word in return, that single "We've taken notice of this" does wonders for a community.

I can't imagine that the German forums and posts do not hold a similar amount of remarks and so on.

Just to have a word that these things are being read, that they have been noticed would be great.
    Remarks , what kind , ATI screencorruption problem might be the driver problem , but who knows. I have HD4870 with 9.7 catalyst 32bit xp , and I don't get any black textures or corruptions.

Remarks game wise ,what's wrong?

I don't spot , cause I am a new anno player but I love the game more than anything.

Remarks, as in, the things that people notice in the game and about the game that don't quite work as they should, as good as they could, or that just plainly get in the way of good gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, I am as hooked on this game as anyone here, and I love it all the same. All I am saying is that it'd be nice to hear, and know, that the developers also have this love, and are working to improve the game.

I play EVE for example, and it is great to see their devblogs and see that they listen to the player when it comes to new and old features, and take what the players say into account when they make their own decision about what they do with the game. It shows they love the game, and that they care about improving it.

Related Designs doesn't seem to tell anyone that they work on a patch, that they see the bugs and problems that people report or why they choose to fix A and not B. If we knew they worked on it, and saw they see what we see, and understand that they choose to fix A, but not B, because of this or that, it would go a long way for me, at least, to love this game even more.

I enjoy the game very much but I find it hard to really enjoy it because you have to balance the money and defend you self and keep the poplation growing. If it were easy to make money or reduce the cost of many of the items and reduce what it takes to assend it would be help full to me. I do not like to play game that cause a lot of stress. Because of my age. I do get very involed in this game how ever. I also relly enjoy it. You can check out just how much I enjoy the game under my profile under the same screen name.

Originally posted by Retired1936:
    I enjoy the game very much but I find it hard to really enjoy it because you have to balance the money and defend you self and keep the poplation growing. If it were easy to make money or reduce the cost of many of the items and reduce what it takes to assend it would be help full to me. I do not like to play games that cause a lot of stress. Because of my age. I do get very involed in this game how ever. I also relly enjoy it. You can check out just how much I enjoy the game under my profile under the same screen name.

Hello,

I noticed that now that I've installed the patch, custom entries in binding.ini are no longer working. Anyone else have this problem?

I had enabled the "developer's pause," because I like being able to look around the map with the game paused.

Joe.

Why isn't the removal of install-limits and Tages mentioned in the patch notes?