Avatar von Moryarity Meister der Buchstaben
    Collection of useful information...

Avatar von dmdilks Forum Veteran
    I.A.A.M 1404 Mod Version 3.2

This is for the Venice 2.1 game.

1. The first thing you do is downlaod it and unpack or unzip.

Here is the link for that Mod:

http://iaam1404.projectanno.de/start_eng.htm

I have Translated it from German to English on that site.

Go down the page till you find I.A.A.M 1404 Mod

Click on the button (Datei herunterladen): Download file

Click on this line (Falls die automatische Weiterleitung nicht funktioniert, klicken Sie bitte hier!): If the automatic redirection does not work, click here! - Then click Save!

2. Find your install folder of the game. C:\programs Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Related Designs. Don't Copy Your Related Design Folder

a. Open that folder and you will see your Games folder

b. Right click on your Games folder & click copy Anno 1404 or Dawn of Discovery.

b. Then paste it to your desktop.

c. Right click on that folder

d. Click on Rename - Then Rename it to like: Iaam 1404.

e. Then right click on that folder & click cut and paste it back into the folder that the install game is it. C:\programs Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Related Designs

f. Make sure that you are keeping the two games or folders by themself and not in the same folder together. There should be two folders in the Related Design.
    The original game folder and the new Iaam folder.

2.Install the Iaam Mod and you will have to Browse.. to that Folder. Don't install to this folder browse to the new folder.

a. Now you can install Iaam into that New Folder that you just made. C:\programs Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Related Designs\Iaam 1404

4. Now you can continue installing the IAAM.

Once that is installed now go to that new folder and make short cuts of the Icons Anno4 and the Addon

a. You will have to rename them by just adding Iaam. (Anno4 Iaam & Addon Iaam)

Start the game and start a new map. Have fun with all the new stuff.

This for the STEAM VERSION of the game

Just follow the screenshoots from the first post for help if you need it.

1. The first thing you do is download it and unpack or unzip.

2. Find you install folder of the game. C:\programs Files(x86)Steam\Steamapps\Common\Dawn of Discovery.
    a. Make copy of that folder Dawn of Discovery and paste to your desktop
    b. Rename that folder to like: Anno Iaam.
    c. Then cut and paste back into the folder that the inistall game is it.

3. Then install Iaam into that new folder that you just made. C:\programs Files(x86)Steam\Steamapps\Common\Iaam 1404
    a. Before you Continue make sure you delete the end part of that line \Dawn of Discovery if it is there.

4. Now you can continue installing the IAAM.

Once that is installed now go to that folder and make short cuts of the icons Anno4.exe and the Addon.exe.
    a. You might have to rename them by just adding Iaam. (Anno Iaam.exe & Addon Iaam.exe)

Start the game and start a new map. Have fun with all the new stuff.

I.A.A.M the World Editor

Here is the link for that World Editor:

http://www.projectanno.de/kontor/ind...ile&fileID=102

I have Translated it from German to English on that site.

Go down the page till you find I.A.A.M 1404 editor

Click on the button (Datei herunterladen): Download file

World Editor & Toolone.

Here are the downloads for the World Editor & Toolone.

http://anno.de.ubi.com/downloads.php#patches

1. Anno 1404 Addon Tools (Venice): For Venice
    2. WorldEditor: For Base Game

Just click on the Ubisoft box.

When installing the map editor tools make sure they are going into your games folder. If they install some place else they will not work. If they have installed right they will be in the tools folder in the games folder.

Avatar von whyme123wewe Kam, sah und tippte
    Does this REQUIRE the adon to work?
    I don't want to buy the adon just to play online or play custom maps :\

This will work on the base game too. If you read about the Steam version that will tell you that you don't really need the add-on. Because it doesn't work with their add-on because they have no 2.1 patch.

Avatar von whyme123wewe Kam, sah und tippte
    Oh. TBH I haven't had the game installed for over a year.

To help people out with the Constuction Menu's

There are two menu's A & B. You have to click on the arrow that looks like a circle at the top of the menu. This will let you go from one menu to the other menu.

Construction Menu A

Construction Menu B

There is a updated Mod for the Iaam to 2.01.

http://iaam1404.projectanno.de/start_eng.htm

important
    Prerequisite for this mod is the main game + patch 1.3 or main game + Addon + patch 2.1 or the King Edition + patch 3.1, it can be installed without any modifications.

This modification is compatible with ANY other modification! Changes in the modification may cause errors / bugs! Also this mod with no other tools for Anno 1404 is compatible.

Furthermore, should be present for the installation, administrator rights. That is, who has only a limited account on his PC, may not perform the installation

Multi-player play at your own risk, since it can not be established that synchronization problems can be attributed to the Internet on the computer or on the modification.

Existing Save Games are not supported. One should begin by installing a new game, then everything goes as usual. Also, do not save games to be replaced, at least not with players who do not have the modification.

The tooltips in the game should be followed carefully, they explain a little what to do with it.

The campaign and scenarios are not tested. Successful completion is not guaranteed.

Unfortunately, this mod has some small mistakes, they can not be resolved ... the makers did not give to the possible answer.

For questioner why IAAM does not work with other mods? Take for example the times Gebäudemod Vers2. This has various uses changes in the IAAM files also. If you were to install it yet, the result would be ... a dismantled Anno.

Guten tag - that greeting is all the German I am able to understand or speak, but I have come to the German forum because I NEED HELP!!!

Maps I create with the World Editor do not show up in the game.

I play Dawn of Discovery - Venice and never the basic game(I wasn't even aware the game is called Anno 1404 until recently)

I re-downloaded the game directly from Ubisoft two months ago.

I use Brumbek 2.1 patch because I was too lazy to update the Tages driver.

I create the maps using the World Editor Venice Addon. I save the maps to the Anno 1404 Venedig folder. They do not show up in the game.

And...

This post may relate to my issue - I could not understand the Google translation - see the last entry by felixhoffmeyer .

HELP!!!

Bloodhound1985
    22-04-10, 08:17
    Hallo,
    ich verzweifle langsam....
    habe im Forum geschaut aber geholfen hats nicht.

Habe im WorldEditor2 eine map erstellt....gespeichert in C:\Users\MeinName\Documents\ANNO 1404 Venedig\Scenarios
    bzw. auch mal im unterordner cache gespeichert.
    Datei die er da speichert heißt dann Versuch1.rdu und im ordner cache erstellt er ein Bild der map....

nun starte ich das Spiel geh auf Spielerszenarien, doch da ist dann nichts...wie starte ich die map??bzw warum finde ich sie nicht....??
    bitte kann mir jemand weiterhelfen
    Manic_Xero
    22-04-10, 09:05
    In deinem Toolsordner befinden sich 2 verschiedene Worldeditoren.
    Du musst den für Venedig starten. Szenarien die mit dem "normalen" Editor erstellt und im Venedig-Ordner gespeichert werden, werden im Spiel nicht angezeigt (inkompatibel). Erstell die Karte mit dem richtigen Editor und es klappt http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
    Bloodhound1985
    22-04-10, 10:02
    super geht nun alles DANKE.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies...very-happy.gif
    felixhoffmeyer
    29-04-10, 00:21
    Und bei mir geht es immer noch nicht.
    Habe Windows 7...
    Ich habe die maps in den richtigen Ordner gepackt (users/anno1404-venedig/szenarios), auch schon mit der Administrator-Funktion probiert und auch den richtigen Editor für das Add-on benutzt und eine karte erstellt bzw. mir eine map für venedig runtergeladen, aber leider sehe ich überhaupt keine karte im spiel!
    Nightmare_82
    29-04-10, 00:49
    Zitat von felixhoffmeyer:
    Und bei mir geht es immer noch nicht.
    Habe Windows 7...
    Ich habe die maps in den richtigen Ordner gepackt (users/anno1404-venedig/szenarios), auch schon mit der Administrator-Funktion probiert und auch den richtigen Editor für das Add-on benutzt und eine karte erstellt bzw. mir eine map für venedig runtergeladen, aber leider sehe ich überhaupt keine karte im spiel!
    Nur um sicherzugehen : Ist das Verzeichnis "...(Username)\Documents\Anno 1404 Venedig\Scenarios" ?
    felixhoffmeyer
    29-04-10, 05:38
    Genau das ist es.
    Wenn ich den Editor starte und meine Karte abspeichern möchte, dann kommt dieses Verzeichnis ja bereits automatisch...

Noch jemand eine Idee? Will endlich spielen!!!! :-(
    calypso1960
    29-04-10, 06:57
    Ein ähnliches Problem hatte ich anfangs auch einmal. http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Du hast geschrieben, dass Du die Karte unter Versuch... abgespeichert hast. Das ist ja im Alphabet ziemlich weit hinten. Wenn Du mehrere Karten gespeichert hast, kann es sein, dass es nicht auf der ersten Seite ist, sondern auf der 2. Seite. Einfach mal etwas runterscrollen am rechten Rand. Das ist manchmal etwas schwer zu sehen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies...miley-wink.gif

Solltest Du allerdings nur die eine Karte gespeichert haben, dann erübrigt sich mein Rat, denn dann müsste sie ja sofort auf der ersten Seite erscheinen.
    felixhoffmeyer
    30-04-10, 01:52
    Es lag daran, dass ich die englsiche version spiele und das Verzeichnis "anno 1404 VENICE" heißen musste, und nicht "Venedig"! :-) Jetzt gehts:-)