Avatar von Ubi_Marc Mighty Grand Poobah of the Ubi Forums
    Heute findet der zweite Chat mit den Silent Hunter III Entwicklern statt. Wir werden versuchen Eure Fragen so stark wie möglich zu vertreten! Daher bitte ich euch die Fragen in diesen Thread zu posten. Am besten direkt in englischer Spreche...einige Fragen habe ich schon während der letzten Tage bekommen!

<center>

Mighty Grand Poobah of the Ubi Forums

[This message was edited by Ubi_Marc on Wed August 04 2004 at 05:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ubi_Marc on Fri August 06 2004 at 11:54 AM.]

Heute findet der zweite Chat mit den Silent Hunter III Entwicklern statt. Wir werden versuchen Eure Fragen so stark wie möglich zu vertreten! Daher bitte ich euch die Fragen in diesen Thread zu posten. Am besten direkt in englischer Spreche...einige Fragen habe ich schon während der letzten Tage bekommen!

<center>

[This message was edited by Ubi_Marc on Wed August 04 2004 at 05:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ubi_Marc on Fri August 06 2004 at 11:54 AM.]

Hier mal mein Fragenkatalog:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What dive controls will we be able to use? Dive planes combined with trim tanks, balance tank and ballast tanks would be the full control . I hope comressed air is not wasted on depth changes, that's what the balance tank is for. Dive planes and trim could be linked to one control, but bow/stern planes as separate controls...

How steep do the U-Boats dive and rise if you set a new depth (without using the manual controls)? Those few 5 degrees in SH2 weren't enough at all

Will there be a double image stadimeter/telemeter for the attack periscope?

Will there even be 2 periscopes ("attack" scope for the Kaleun and "air" scope for 1WO to watch the situation)?

Will we be able to still have a deck gun later in the war? (Some Commanders kept it)

What guns will the Type XXI have? Twin 30mm guns or just 20mm C38?

Will the Type XXI be able to launch eels from 50 or even 100m depth, with a good firing solution gotten with the active sonar device?

Will there be a band playing "Muss I Denn" or marches in the harbor when I leave/return?

Will there be ships in all port so I could visit a British port when my patrol zone is near it?

What are the future plans? We'd like to have controllable DDs for MP. A Pacific theatre or other nations' (Italy) subs would also be a nice addition.

Will the crew be able to shoot at ships even with AA guns? (6 20mms and 1 37mm or 4 30mm can do quite some damage )

While I'm manning an AA gun myself, will the crew follow my aim and fire at it with the other AA guns, too? In this way, I could fire all guns myself at once, instead of only one, to have maximum punch.

How wide is the range of radio usage? Will everything be controlled via communication? SOS messages?

What about putting the boat on the seabed and silence? Will it be useful to hide?

Are tides/streams modelled correctly? Think of Gibraltar, where it's quite hard to get out of the Mediterranean and possible to have the boat just sucked in? Will we be able to sail on streams with engines off, depending on the weather?

Another odditiy would be the Bermuda Triangle... methane gases decreasing buoyancy - is this modelled?

Will food be limited, or is it just graphics stuff?

Are there some songs that are integrated into the grammophone mp3 player like "Tipperary" and which?

In the first chat you said you'd consider adding a calculating wheel to the game box. Will there be other goodies like a nice map and a big manual?

Not all harbors will be modelled realistically, because it would be too much work. Which ones will be very close to the real one? I thought of Kiel, Wilhelmshaven, Hamburg, Brest, Lorient, St. Nazaire, La Rochelle, Bordeaux and, of course, London and New York - maybe even more...

Will silent running be really silent running? No repairs and torpedo reloading, pumps off, water running into the bilge (the deeper the more) and such?

Will I be able to send some crew members to the bunks to decrease the oxygen consumption?

How complex will the engines control be? Do we have all real power settings ( http://hanshansa.piranho.de/laboe/u9...s/DSC00294.htm )? Will we be able to use all 4 engines at full power at the same time (3x Wahnsinnige)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message was edited by Willey on Wed August 04 2004 at 01:40 AM.]

Avatar von DSK_Hawkes Kam, sah und tippte
    Gehöt nicht zum Thema:

@Willey: Der Link is kaputt. ich bekomme nen 403 error

Avatar von Voyager532 Forum Veteran
    @UBI_Mark
    Bitte leite folgende Frage weiter. Ein Statement interessiert mich sehr:

Will there be an option to command the U-Boat fully by voice? I only mean main functions, like diving, surface, man deckgun, fire torpedo etc...
    I will go through the hole boat like in an ego shooter, and give my orders by voice without pressing any key. German words of course...

Thanks

Die Wahrscheinlichkeit, ob da draußen im Universum irgendwo intelligentes Leben existiert, hängt letztendlich davon ab, wie intelligent dieses Leben ist.

[This message was edited by Voyager532 on Wed August 04 2004 at 11:51 AM.]

Avatar von Seeadler Kam, sah und tippte
    Kann dem Chat leider auch nicht beiwohnen, hab aber zwei Fragen.

Will it be possible to control the 3D engine with a scripting language, e.g. can I place an object on the jetty and then move the object along a path?

One of the last screenshots shows Valetta harbour (Malta), does this indicate that the scenario locations are extended to the Mediterranean or is it just taken from a cutscene?

--
    Silent Hunter II + Destroyer Command Mods

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DSK_Hawkes:
    Gehöt nicht zum Thema:

@Willey: Der Link is kaputt. ich bekomme nen 403 error<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sollte jetzt gehen... Hotlinking ist da wohl deaktiviert. Hier nochmal der neue Link (habs oben editiert):

http://hanshansa.piranho.de/laboe/u9...s/DSC00294.htm

Avatar von KarlSteiner Kam, sah und tippte
    Hallo Marc,

I am an old hardliner of subsims and was very happy to see the screens and videos about SH_III.

But I have a great handicap. I have by the moment no direct connection to the web. So I must always go to an official internet-coffe.

Please be so kind to read my questions(and maybe proposals). Thanks

Q.: Can we also see the navigation lights of sailing neutral ships at night?

A.:

Q.: Can we see some buoys and lighthouses in the areas of neutral nations in the early times of the WWII?

A.:

Q.: Will we see the time, date and position in the logbook for the several inputs?

A.:

Q.: Will we see the actual summa of our destroyed tonnage on board during a single patrol (in the logbook)?

A.:

Q.: Somewhere we red: "The manual entering the port will be able and very difficult." That will be a very
    good feature for the hardliners under the subsim-fans!
    If a real manual docking is possible, that would be a milestone and bring us more forward to a
    professional naval simulation!
    Because docking the key is one of the most difficult maneuvers in the navy and makes a good
    seamanship and a good Captain, too.
    Can we in the 1rst.-person view walk more forward to the reeling, so that we see more of the bow of
    the vessel?

A.:

Q.: On the video we can see the inside situation and on the bottom left the several faces of the crewmembers.
    Also the simple bars of the corresponding stations (engine-room, bridge, captains-quarter, radio-room,
    torpedo-room, AA-guns, damage-screen, log-book and so on) vertical on the upper left side.
    Will it be possible to clean the faces and only to use the simple bars or keys having a greater screen?

A.:

Q.: Many crews after a long time on board have a mud and not shaved outfit (they had beards) and are
    wearing simple vestments like pullovers on board.
    Will the outfit of the crew be changed to mud cloths and growing beards during a long patrol?

A.:

Q.: If not we will see always the same faces and bodies during the whole campaign, maybe this will be a little
    monotonous for some players.
    Will there be therefore a key to disappear the crew avatars?

A.:

Q.: Will we able to send signal lights to other ships (especially in the multiplayer mod)?

A.:

Q.: Can we the put on the navigational lights to irritate the enemy (especially in the multiplayer mod)?

A.:

Q.: A heavy moving sea will be the best sign for the quality of the reality for the coming SH_III. No
    hardliner certainly will miss them . But I know many persons who grow seasick seeing a heavy moving
    sea on a screen.
    Will you implement a key to reduce them like in the old "Aces of the Deep"?

A.:

Q.: We think you will display the GMT in digital digits.
    Will you show the actual ZT on board analog by a 24hours-clock (seen in the movie " Duell im Atlantik"
    with Curt Jürgens and Robert Mitchum.), so the crew can always see the day time submerged?

A.:

Q.: We had red that the smoke of ships are coming in sight first, than the masts and at last the hull.
    Will this be with the land-scenery and other objects, too (the top of mountains first)?

A.:

Q.: If we move the periscope up on surface, will we have then the largest possible view range?

A.:

Q.: Is the world-scenery of SH_III based and designed by a real globe model with real great-circle-distances?

A.:

Q.: And last:
    Will the player loose the scores , if he saves his situation in a campaign so in SH_II it was?

A.:

Best regards

KarlSteiner
    (04-08-03)

Avatar von Thomsen9U Kam, sah und tippte
    And now to something completly different!

Why was it not possible to use the AOD/CAOD engine and extend the game to new graphics and all other media gimmicks which are now up to date?

Is SH III programmed open to add a "Destroyer Command 2" for real interactive MP-games?

How does the MP-part look at this kind of programming? Only co-op?

Mahlzeit

Stefan

Habe alle Fragen schon an den Moderator der Chats geleitet. Ich habe alles getan um eure Fragen zu bevorzugen!

Ich hoffe euch alle beim chat zu sehen!

<center>