Avatar von Novisorbis Junior Mitglied

Problem with Uplay

There's something dramatically wrong with the "new" Uplay interface. I am unable to link up to it at times. Is anybody having the same problem?

Avatar von Celebrindan1 Neuzugang
    Everyone is having the same problems.

Ubisoft refuses to do anything about it, and if you complain, they delete the thread.

Uplay is nothing more than an advertizing gimmick that allows Ubisoft to pipe ads directly to your computer, and allows them to track you for marketing purposes.

Anno 2070 dropped off their list of supported games a year ago, but they still invade our personal property with their spam, and invade our privacy with their tracking.

They don't give a rat's ass if it screws with the game, as long as they can generate revenue with Uplay.

Only thing you can do is uninstall the game and stop playing, but you'll probably need to do a clean install of your OS too, to get rid of their tracking software.

Avatar von DEPRESSED_AS_FK Forum Veteran
    Question:

When starting the game, Uplay PC gives me an error message or fails to load.
    How can I fix this?

Answer

To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install or reinstall the Uplay software (which handles the online authentication in the game). Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" or "Uplay" from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher/Uplay" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows) folder.
    NOTE: Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Try resetting your HOSTS file by following the steps in the following Microsoft article.

"How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default?"

Scroll to the ‘Fix it for me’ section, and click on the ‘Microsoft Fix it’ logo.

4. Reinstall Uplay PC from ┌► HERE ◄┘

Once installed, you should be able to start the game!

1. Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed to your computer system. This includes your windows firewall as well as updating the firmware for your home router. If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to temporarily shut-down the associated program or bypass the router and establish a direct connection to your modem.

2. If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall, you will need to configure your router or firewall to allow the following network ports for the best possible connection:

Uplay PC Client
    TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008

Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website.

3. You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. When playing Ubisoft games, please be sure to close all running background applications before starting your game. You can find the steps for this listed below.

- Open your start menu and look for Run (Win XP), Start search (Win Vista), or Search programs and files (Win 7)
    - Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the word MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the system configuration utility
    - Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected) (If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window)
    - Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items'
    - Once you're done here, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer

Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit.

*Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and re-selecting 'Normal Startup"

4. There may also be certain restrictions set by your ISP. If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports.

Turning off Proxy settings in Uplay:

1. Click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner
    2. Select Settings
    3. Click on the Network Tab
    4. Uncheck all options
    5. Save changes

Run Uplay and your game as an Administrator!

Always run Uplay with necessary permissions!

Avatar von dmdilks Forum Veteran
    Zitat von Celebrindan1 Go to original post
    Everyone is having the same problems.

Ubisoft refuses to do anything about it, and if you complain, they delete the thread.

Uplay is nothing more than an advertizing gimmick that allows Ubisoft to pipe ads directly to your computer, and allows them to track you for marketing purposes.

Anno 2070 dropped off their list of supported games a year ago, but they still invade our personal property with their spam, and invade our privacy with their tracking.

They don't give a rat's ass if it screws with the game, as long as they can generate revenue with Uplay.

Only thing you can do is uninstall the game and stop playing, but you'll probably need to do a clean install of your OS too, to get rid of their tracking software.
    I have been playing ANNO games from 1998 and I have never ever had a problem. The only time I ever had a problem a few mouths ago.

I tried to install the game and I had used all my activation. I email support on a Sat and I thought I wasn't going to hear from them till Mon or Tues.

I check my email about 30 mins later and they had email me to tell me they re-set my activation and I was good to go.

That only took them 22 mins to fix my problem. I don't have anything you are talking about. The only problem I have is with this forum.

This forum is the only in the world that you can't set it to auto log in. Every time I come here I have to log in. Every other forum or site I need a user & password has that option for auto log in.