cannot play anno 2070 due to "this cd key used by another user"

i bought anno 2070 through steam and i entered the cd key when it asked for installation then when i went to Uplay it asked it again, i entered it again and the error says" this CD key is used by another user" can anyone please help me solve this issue and thank you

Avatar von dmdilks Forum Veteran
    Make sure that you are entering everything right. Your user, password & key. If that all is right than I would be walking to Steam. You got the game from them and they gave you the Key.

I have the same problem...
    had a system crash had to reformat everything... now the game asks to activate it in game for witch it allredy did ages ago... and is now thinking im someone else
    and every thing is correct no typos ... nothing

Avatar von dmdilks Forum Veteran
    I have reinstalled this game about 4 times and had to reactivate it every time. I own a Ubisoft copy and not a steam copy. Plus if you reformat you do have to reactivate. If you are using a Steam copy you have to talk to Steam. If it isn't a Steam copy you better have all your paper work in order because Ubisoft support will make you jump through hoops. To prove you are the owner.

Since I upgraded to windows 8, none of my steam games work right (Civ 5, Tropico, Anno, etc). Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Zitat von wabuckeye Go to original post
    Since I upgraded to windows 8, none of my steam games work right (Civ 5, Tropico, Anno, etc). Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    gess what I do... anno has a thing with the activation for some reason...
    I cant even activate it....

Avatar von Romerio_Lopez Neuzugang
    I am also getting this error message after I've attempted to reinstall Anno 2070 so I can get back into it before getting the expansion.

I put a support ticket in 4 days and have heard nothing.

At this stage, I feel I'd be better served downloading a Pirate copy of the game.

I got the same problem...cant play since they launched this uplay thing. i got the normal ubisoft game not via steam and activated my game the day it was released...now they want the key again and say mine is already being used