Avatar von TheStarjon Kam, sah und tippte
    @Tycooner1994/RyanBegbie: "Zierelemente" means "ornament buildings" and "Gedächtnis" means "mind". He made some typing errors, so Google weren't able to translate them.

Ah thanks for telling me that

Avatar von melympia Junior Mitglied
    Zitat von Tycooner1994 Go to original post
    moin
    Thus, the bridge would have at the techs by the genius and then when me my gedächniss not mistaken split in the lower left, kan me but also fooled.
    In any case on the icon says "bridge"
    At the zierelmeten I have not changed, only production buildings and power plants I've put together.
    What he's trying to say is that he believes he put the bridge into the techs' genius tab, but he isn't 100% sure any more. He also didn't change any ornamental buildings, he merely put various power plants of each faction into the same sub-menu. (Probably in order to save space.)

@Melympia once I unlocked Techs I was able to start building the bridges.

I have a quick question, so I managed to start building the bridge towards my other island expanded my sea area with Port authority building but I can only get so far then when I try to build the bridge as it goes out of both island reaches. "Not in construction area"

Am I doing it wrong? :P

Avatar von Judekw Kam, sah und tippte
    No, you're not doing it wrong. To get it to work properly you have to exploit a bug

A short tutorial: Load the amount of material needed to build a warehouse into one of your ships. Then place the ship nearby a coastline of an uninhabited island, so that the "Build Warehouse"-icon appears in the ship's interface. Then navigate the ship anywhere outside of an island's building range (yeah right, navigate right into "not in construction area"). While the ship still is close to the coastline, select "Build Warehouse", make sure to scroll back to the place the ship is heading, position the warehouse on the screen... and as soon as the ship's building range overlaps with the warehouse you're able to place it in the middle of the sea. A new "island" is created, just as if you were building a warehouse on a shore.
    Now you can build ANYWHERE on the map's sea. You still have to make the desired area accessible by building a warehouse or a port authority nearby. Though I added an influence radius to the Big Bridge's parts, so after you built the first part of the bridge you can proceed building it without placing any more port authority buildings in its range.

I hope the tutorial was understandable. My English suffered from not speaking and writing much lately

Edit:

Here's how I build it. The port authority is in the island's area, the pier is exactly on the border, the warehouse is in the sea's area.

I advice you to rather start building the bridge from one side and to proceed to the other, since the distance between two islands' borders does not necessarily meet with the space needed to build the entire bridge. Notice that most of the bridge's parts can leap over the "borders" a few grid fields, so it is guaranteed you can build a bridge without any ugly gaps.

Edit 2: Please note that a few parts are missing in Tycooner's version. I did not publish them yet so you will have to pass on a curve, a x-crossing and a t-crossing.
    Also be aware that the island in the sea can only store up to 70 tons of each good, although one builds port authority buildings or depots. It's a bug I was not able to fix.

Oh don't worry if your English isn't the best I am the one a DE forum speaking English. I am happy you're replying in English as I only understand a little German and Google translator isn't the best at translating a lot of words

This is one of my saves I made to test new items in the mods(As you can see with all the money and power ect :P ) when I starting using Tycoon + Judekwmood.

As you can see it's that small bit I need to connect. I am going to try and do what you said to get the sea area to finish building it.

Just a quick question on it. Does the bridge connect them fully? As island with share supplies and so on? E.G whats the features of the bridge or just to look cool?

Thanks

Avatar von Judekw Kam, sah und tippte
    No, it doesn't connect them fully. Technically they're still two islands.

The bridge is just for decoration. Though if you carefully connect both of its endings with streets the truck unit can use it to transport goods from one island to the other. Sometimes the two infantry units also can, but mostly they're bugging. I didn't find a solution to that yet.

Wann kommt wieder ein Update?

Avatar von Tycooner1994 Forum Veteran
    also judekw arbeitet derzeit eher für die Uni und hat deswegen wenig zeit für den Mod

Südseeinsel ect kommt also nicht?