Avatar von dmdilks Forum Veteran
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Page File: 1801MB used, 6386MB available
    His Virtaul is set right at this time. 1-1/2 times his system memory.

Like I post over on the steam forum his power supply has 3 rails of 18a each. his video card needs 28a.

Like I said over there that his power supply might not be bad, bu it is something to look at.

Avatar von henk1001 Kam, sah und tippte
    I looked at yr specs and as dmdilks is saying a weak point is the power supply. The rest looks OK. You can increase virtual mem, but if it will help?
    I've seen this happening with Anno 1404, but not yet with Anno 2070.
    As I'm building PC's and when I have unexplainable problems, I simply start changing components.
    In yr case I should start with an increased power supply and the second thing a graphic card with 1,5 or 2 gb mem.
    Yr processor normally is a good and reliable one. A switch sometimes for the graphic card between Ati -> Geforce or vice versa also could help.
    If you have such a problem, very often it is caused by the combination motherboard / graphic card.
    Don't ask me why, it's just what I have seen by changing the components.
    Sorry that I cannot give you an answer to solve yr problem.

I don't know if this will help and you have done it already. Other people have said this when they are having problem with the game.

Disable steam ingame overlay in steam setting. The one thing I have found with Anno Series games they love memory too.

If you reboot the computer how long can you play for? When I had a crash to desk top in 1404. I would reboot the computer.

I'm going to throw out a lot of things here to day and really think about what you have and what you really needed to play todays games.

I'm not really sure if you go out and get a new PSU that will fix it. You have a lot of things here that could be the problem.

The cpu & video card could be a bottleneck. That dual core cpu is running at 100% So than the video card has to do most of the work.

Yes I know what the requirements on the game are. The only reason I'm saying all of this is you a MB that is almost 5yrs old.

You have a new video card on that older MB. Our they compatible with each other. Yes in every day use they are all right.

But when it comes to gaming and the games that are coming out. How much stress does the games put on the older computers.

Do understand what I'm saying. It isn't that your computers is bad, like Henk said everything else is ok. But you should really start thinking about some upgrades.

This game is a lot better than 1404 where it really doesn't crash like 1404 did.

Avatar von rkrawczyk60 Neuzugang
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice. I understand it's not a simple issue, and it looks to be one that isn't going to be solved without trying some hardware changes. I'll have to wait until I have the $$ to upgrade the PS then the mobo/cpu/ram. I'm not going to do that simply to play this game, especially when I have no trouble with any other new games. If indeed it is a hardware issue, it's a shame that the game's minimum requirements don't reflect this.

Anyway, I appreciate the help and any others ideas in the future.

I'm not saying it is, but a lot of people that do have the steam version are having the most problems.

Why I can't answer that one basically it is the same game no matter where buy it.