Avatar von Moryarity Meister der Buchstaben

Attention English speaking users: How to adjust settings to English!

Hello all and welcome to the new Anno-Forum!

As the English Anno forums are included in the German forum you need to adjust some settings to change the forum language to English:

1. Log in to access you profil:

A. There is a small drop down box at the bottom of each page, where you can choose "English" instead of "German" which will alter the most frequently used buttons. If you choose English the log in button in the top right corner of the page will be labelled accordingly and you can access the log-in page though it (alternatively you can hit the "anmelden" button straight away without changing the language). However, the log-in page itself is in German, as this page is costumised for the corresponding forum (in this case the German one).
    Simply fill in "Benutzername oder E-Mail-Adresse" with your user name, Passwort is the German word for password. The check box is for automatically log-in, so you can check that, too.

B. It is also possible to use the English log-in page of the international Ubi forum, because log-in will remain active, when the the "automatically sign-in"-box is marked.

So after log-in you will have access to your profil settings.

To have a completely English GUI you need to adjust some settings in your profil and this is how to do it:

1. Go to your profil page by clicking on the "Mein Profil" ("My profile") button in the top right corner of the page.

2. In the middle of the screen choose the button "Aktionen" and then select "Einstellungen ändern"

3. Navigate to the bottom of the page where it says "Sprache der Benutzeroberfläche" and choose "English (US)" from the drop down box. Then, save your setting by clicking on "Änderungenspeichern".

Your GUI should now be in English!

Avatar von Lord-Crowmarsh Neuzugang
    if only it was English!! Surely you Germans know the difference between English and American-English? Why do you ignore our language? It was founded by Germanic tribes after all, I just don't get it.

Avatar von i_am_chillybmf Neuzugang
    Good god almighty, how about pointing people where to log in!!! You can't find "Mein Profil" unless logged in.
    FOR THOSE TRYING TO LOGIN TO DO THESE SETTINGS, BEFORE STEP 1, HIT THE "ANMELDEN" , THE FIRST OF THE TREE BUTTONS UP TOP

Zitat von i_am_chillybmf Go to original post
    Good god almighty, how about pointing people where to log in!!! You can't find "Mein Profil" unless logged in.
    I_am_chillybmf: If you would follow the instructions and do as stated in section A, then the log in button will be marked as "log in" because it is one of those "most frequently used" buttons.

So before bursting into the thread with a complaint you should at least try the provided solution

Moryarity, i_am_chillybmf has a point since I also had the same problem of not knowing how to log in. The way your how-to is written suggest that the step A is optional and not necessary if we make the change through the profile settings.

Also the first step really is to log in which could be said in your how-to and when you do that you can warn that the step A needs to be done in order to see the login button in english.

I mean, a proper guide is a fool-proof guide.

Zitat von elpin1 Go to original post
    Also the first step really is to log in which could be said in your how-to and when you do that you can warn that the step A needs to be done in order to see the login button in english.

I mean, a proper guide is a fool-proof guide.
    I have to admit that I thought that common sense would provide that to change ones profil settings, one has to access the profil.

It is like doing a tutorial on how to write a business letter and starting it with "Take a pencil and a sheet of paper" I would have fell ike the guide would make a fool of me..but alas..

I will alter the introduction so it really is fool proof

Lost Customer

I have purchased every Anno game from 1602 through 1404. Never again. The attitude reflected in this change is insulting. I will not even try to go through your steps. If you can't at least come up with a one button way to access English forums, then you must not be very interested in my business. Ubisoft just lost my business.

This is a three-click solution and it takes less than 10 seconds to perform..

To be honest I do not see why people feel insulted that not everyone on the world has their language as the default language.
    If you want to visit the English Ubi forums, there is no possibility whatsoever to change the language to anything else than English...Should I feel insulted about that, too?!?

Avatar von Hardtarget24 Neuzugang
    great guide, was super easy to follow

Thanks

Enjoy the forums.