Avatar von Brumbek Junior Mitglied
    Hello again,

Updated patch to v0.55. Now includes fixes for all extensive quests, particularly Emperor and Sultan quests, which had many, many errors with wrong text or wrong quest values. Also includes more translation fixes.

v0.55

[url=http://www.4shared.com/file/Pt7Qgm10/Anno1404-Venice-UnofficialPatc.html]v0.50/URL]

Just unpack it to your anno 1404 or dawn of discovery installation directory and let the patch0.rda overwrite the existing one (make a backup if desired).

The vast majority of minor quests still aren't translated. But all the quest, grammar, formatting, and translation fixes are there.

I'd also like feedback for non-USA players to make sure it all works...thanks.

Hello again. UAP updated to v0.60 . More spelling and grammar fixes. Also I've included mods such as:

Infinite water for Norias
    Greatly increased Noria attainments for a more realistic approach
    Incognito "I Work Best Under Pressure" forced achievement
    Infinite Natural Resources
    Production Halted silenced
    Wanted person quests always are only one person

So yes, this is a big day! To my knowledge, this is the first time mods have been released that DO NOT break achievements or medals!

Ok, so I still need testers. I'm pretty much done with everything I want to finish. Thanks.

Avatar von Nacht_en_ontij Kam, sah und tippte
    Extremely great work Brumbek!

Did you test it yourself concerning the certainty it's no achievement breaker?

I backed up my 295 achievement profile and savegames and I wil test your 'mod'.

Originally posted by Nacht_en_ontij:
    Extremely great work Brumbek!

Did you test it yourself concerning the certainty it's no achievement breaker?

I backed up my 295 achievement profile and savegames and I wil test your 'mod'.
    Yes, I've been using the modified files for several months. It most assuredly does NOT break achievements or medals. This is because the way I've repacked the files in the original patch0.rda makes the engine think it is the original game files. Hence, it doesn't detect any modding.

Thanks for testing it. I'm planning on putting about 30 hours of testing for a new continuous game, and then this will be ready for a 1.0 release.

For testing, I'd specifically like to know if all the mods work for everyone, although I'm quite sure they do.

I also need feedback on the Sultan and Emperor extensive quests. I changed a lot of quest variables so I want to make sure it all works. I'm 100% confident in all my edits, but I do know the engine occasionally does some weird stuff.

Lastly, if you find format, grammar, or spelling issues, let me know.

Avatar von henk1001 Kam, sah und tippte
    This looks great!!

I will test yr patch and the mods

As I had a saved game of "Incognito", I tried that one first.

What I see is: The achievement 'I work under pressure" is given and also added in The Hall of Fame.
    But... this achievement is part of "I'm the best"
    All achievements in "I'm the best" are now in green but the achievement is not given.
    And linked to "I'm the best" also not given the achievement: Well done.

I've not yet completely understood how you do the changes, so I don't know if you can fix all 3 achievements.
    But "I work under pressure" is done.
    Thanks

Originally posted by henk1001:
    What I see is: The achievement 'I work under pressure" is given and also added in The Hall of Fame.
    But... this achievement is part of "I'm the best"
    All achievements in "I'm the best" are now in green but the achievement is not given.
    And linked to "I'm the best" also not given the achievement: Well done.

I've not yet completely understood how you do the changes, so I don't know if you can fix all 3 achievements.
    But "I work under pressure" is done.
    Thanks
    I also noticed that the "I'm the Best" achievement wouldn't trigger for me despite all the achievements being in green. I believe this is another bug because the game shouldn't care at all whether you get the required achievements normally or from my forced mod.

I did manage to get "I'm the Best" without modding though. What I did was sort of randomly reload the game and load up save games at the very end of the scenarios and beat 3 or 4 of the scenarios again. Somehow this made the achievement "I'm the Best" be given to me. I don't understand why exactly.

But I also never was given the Venice Medal for beating all 15 scenarios despite obviously having done so. I believe this is another bug...but I assume some people can get this ok.

So yes...it appears I may need to add another "Forced Fix" to let people get "I'm the Best" and the Medal, myself included.

Before yr Patch the Venice medal for beating all scenario's was given to me when I finished all the scenario's.

The only problem was the achievement "I work under pressure", finished within the time limit.

Avatar von dmdilks Forum Veteran
    It didn't work on the Iaam mod game. That was the Combined-GreaterNorias-InfiniteResources-HaltedSilenced-WantedPersonOne. I think I did it right you copy and paste into the addon file right. I was just trying it on that. What I might try is a new game. I was trying it on a save game. I have found in the past that on the Iaam save game if you change anything the game will crash.

Avatar von Nacht_en_ontij Kam, sah und tippte
    Good result so far on my side. A lot of stuff is translated more throuroughly and even makes sense.

Now I'm going to try on the fix concerning the time between quests.

So far, so good.

I've looked at a lot of quests and so far no problem.

I just have a question: Can the window on the top right be increased
    or is it part of the screen layout what cannot be changed?

Most of the text doesn't fit in the window and you have to scroll down to reach the buttons. One of the few that fits is Corsair asking for money.