This is my first post here.

First of all let me say a big THANKS to Brumbek for the Unofficial Patch.

I've downloaded it yesterday, and being able to read all the quest background stories is a lot of fun!

The bug fixes, especially for the quests and for the attainments, are very important too.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks again!

I also have a question:

Originally posted by Brumbek:
    v0.95 – November 30, 2011 – Internal Release
    • Preorder items hack added as an optional modded patch. Can be used once to unlock the preorder content and then uninstalled.
    I did not find that part. The Silver Ship stays locked for me even after installing v1.04 of your patch.

And a comment.

All the info you included in the tooltips about the production chains for industrial buildings is very helpful, but it always refers to coal burner's huts (for iron smelter, salt works, etc.), and I for one don't care for them at all -- as soon as I get my first Nobleman I immediately destroy all the huts and build coal mines, for reasons of

1. efficiency of land use
    2. aesthetics
    3. ecology

Nowhere does it say though how a coal mine's output compares to that of the burner's hut, so all the data on these ratios become useless. Could you possibly include somewhere, perhaps on the coal mine tooltip itself, some information on this?

Avatar von Nacht_en_ontij Kam, sah und tippte
    Originally posted by DCP23:
    Nowhere does it say though how a coal mine's output compares to that of the burner's hut, so all the data on these ratios become useless. Could you possibly include somewhere, perhaps on the coal mine tooltip itself, some information on this?
    A charcoal burner's hut produces 2 tons of coal per minute, a coal mine doubles this.

Avatar von Brumbek Junior Mitglied
    I also have a question:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brumbek:
    v0.95 – November 30, 2011 – Internal Release
    • Preorder items hack added as an optional modded patch. Can be used once to unlock the preorder content and then uninstalled.
    I did not find that part. The Silver Ship stays locked for me even after installing v1.04 of your patch.

And a comment.

Nowhere does it say though how a coal mine's output compares to that of the burner's hut, so all the data on these ratios become useless. Could you possibly include somewhere, perhaps on the coal mine tooltip itself, some information on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I made it so the Silver Ship mod is included in every patch option, including the "Unmodded" patch. Simply rename any ship to "The Silver Ship". You'll get the preorder content. I included this info in the main readme, too, if you need more info.

About Charcoal Mines, great suggestion. I've been planning on doing that for some time now. I just haven't decided on a proper format. I'll add it for 1.05.

New Production Chain tooltips with some added color for improved readability.

Originally posted by Brumbek:
    I made it so the Silver Ship mod is included in every patch option, including the "Unmodded" patch. Simply rename any ship to "The Silver Ship". You'll get the preorder content.
    Thanks, it worked! The so-called 'preorder content' is a bit underwhelming to say the least, but at least it's working

About that screen you posted -- isn't it logical to have smth. like

"1 Tannery utilizes

1 Charcoal burner's hut (50% usage)
    or
    1 Coal mine (25% usage)
    and
    2 Pig Farms
    etc."

rather than
    "2 tanneries utilize
    4 farms
    50% coal mine
    etc." -- makes no sense, IMHO.

Another comment. I've found two bugs, but not sure if they have anything to do with your patch or not. One is the Corsair's quest to sink a fleet (not THE fleet, which you need to sink in order to fraternize, but another quest given later), and another very funny bug which allows placement of more than 2 booster items on your flagship. I can provide screenshots if you're interested, when I get home (now I am at the office... shhh! )

Avatar von Nacht_en_ontij Kam, sah und tippte
    [...] and another very funny bug which allows placement of more than 2 booster items on your flagship. I can provide screenshots if you're interested, when I get home (now I am at the office... shhh! )
    If I'm right, this is a known issue since the game was released. I don't know for sure whether more than two ship items are really active, but the little icons surely seem to imply this.

Originally posted by Nacht_en_ontij:
    If I'm right, this is a known issue since the game was released. I don't know for sure whether more than two ship items are really active, but the little icons surely seem to imply this.
    Yes they are all active, at least in my case. I got 3 x +30 cargo hold booster crates and a captain, and all 4 were active, for a cargo capacity of 150 or 160, don't remember exactly, in a single cargo hold. There were also 2 icons from attainments and Historic Warehouses, for a total of 6 icons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brumbek:
    I made it so the Silver Ship mod is included in every patch option, including the "Unmodded" patch. Simply rename any ship to "The Silver Ship". You'll get the preorder content.
    Thanks, it worked! The so-called 'preorder content' is a bit underwhelming to say the least, but at least it's working

About that screen you posted -- isn't it logical to have smth. like

"1 Tannery utilizes

1 Charcoal burner's hut (50% usage)
    or
    1 Coal mine (25% usage)
    and
    2 Pig Farms
    etc."

rather than
    "2 tanneries utilize
    4 farms
    50% coal mine
    etc." -- makes no sense, IMHO.

Another comment. I've found two bugs, but not sure if they have anything to do with your patch or not. One is the Corsair's quest to sink a fleet (not THE fleet, which you need to sink in order to fraternize, but another quest given later), and another very funny bug which allows placement of more than 2 booster items on your flagship. I can provide screenshots if you're interested, when I get home (now I am at the office... shhh! ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Please provide screenshots of the bugs. I need more info for the quest bug. What was the bug? I need the quest name at least. I'm not familiar with the Ship item bug...does this happen for all ships? With more info I can look into it.

About the "2 Tanneries", well, this is the number the wiki and production calculator website uses, hence I used that one. I was trying to use as many whole numbers as possible since this is easiest to read, too. I see your point about why 2. However, it is technically inefficient to have any building only being used 50% or 25%, so you really do want to keep expanding until all the base production buildings are used 100%. Hence, the tooltip says 2 Tanneries because this is the most profitable arrangement. But yeah...it could go either way.

Hi Guys & Gals.
    I'm a longtime ANON fan and lurker in this forum. Although I bought ANON 2070 I still find myself gravitating back to 1404.
    Brumbek - you have done a fantastic job with this mod but, unfortunately, I cannot get it to run. I upgraded Dawn of Discovery - Venice to V2.01.5010 and downloaded and unzipped your 1.04 patch to my game directory Ubisoft/Related Designs/Dawn of Discovery. However, I must have done somthing wrong as there is no change to my game. I must admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and hope one of you people whom can give me some advice. I will apoligize in advance if I don't promptly respond as I do occassionaly go back to my real life

Originally posted by Chmie:
    Brumbek - you have done a fantastic job with this mod but, unfortunately, I cannot get it to run. I...unzipped your 1.04 patch to my game directory Ubisoft/Related Designs/Dawn of Discovery.
    Don't unzip the entire patch file to your install folder. You need to open the patch archive in 7Zip/WinRAR/WinZip, then go into the "Unmodded Patch" folder, then drag/unpack the contents of that folder to your install directory. You will be asked to overwrite the patch0.rda. If you aren't asked this, then you didn't do it right.

Or since you already unzipped it all to your install folder, just go there, find the "Unmodded Patch..." folder, and drag the contents to your root install folder. Let me know if you need more help. The readme also provides more details. I'd check out the .pdf readme if you haven't already.