PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Interview mit Oleg Maddox zu Storm of War: BoB

starfighter1
13-05-06, 12:46
http://www.simhq.com/_air6/air_220a.html

Interview
May 13, 2006

Oleg Discusses What's Next
Storm of War: The Battle of Britain

by Tom "WKLINK" Cofield

Tom: First off thank you for devoting the time to put together this interview with SimHQ. I know you are busy and any information you can give to the readers will be greatly appreciated.

Oleg: Long time no news from me. Thanks for contacting me again.

Tom: The Battle of Britain has been rendered either in whole or as part of quite a few games from CFS1 to EAW to Rowan's and Shockwave / GMX's Battle of Britain. In the IL-2 series you never really concentrated on this aerial battle. What compelled you to look at this battle in particular?

Oleg: In IL-2 series we didn't model it because we were planning to get new 3D engine and new fundamental features before to begin this process. In IL-2 series is too hard to model Cliffs of Dover looking real. As you know me, I like to get such things always looking well and natural.

Tom: There has been a fairly preliminary list of aircraft listed or leaked that will come in Battle of Britain. Can you give us an idea of what aircraft we will see in this game? Which ones will be flyable?

Oleg: In Storm of War: The Battle of Britain you will find so many aircraft and details that were never modeled in any flight sims that were about this period of WWII. However there will be smaller amount of flyable planes comparing to that list of the first release of original IL-2 Sturmovik with which we were coming on the market of flight simulation.

Tom: When IL-2 was initially viewed in 1999 and 2000 it was hailed as one of the most realistic looking simulations ever made. In Battle of Britain you claim to take this detail to a whole new level. How are you planning on making this even more of a visual treat?

Oleg: In IL-2 series from 2001 to the current time we tried to keep the same or almost the same level of details. It was necessary due to the feature of upgrades and merged install of the whole series. Even it looks still modern in details, in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we'll raise the level of details several times. If now is possible to use IL-2 series for the cinema makers, then Storm of War: The Battle of Britain will be way more useful and looks like real. I also would say that probably our cockpits many authors of aviation historical books will use now as a reference. If you remember, IL-2 was released with the advantage of the graphics features that were opened 100% only last year. However at the same time IL-2 was very playable even on middle power PC of 2000-2001. Such advantage and features of graphics engine we'll put also in the new sim engine, because we plan even longer life of new series than the IL-2 series. Despite the fact that IL-2 engine is still possible to use for a very good new sims (the engine licensed for 2 advanced teams, so we expect two more sims using base code of IL-2 with modifications in 2007), we decided to develop completely new engine again with more advanced features and with advantages for future use and upcoming technologies that will help us to keep the most possible high level for many years ahead (again, like it is currently with IL-2 series).

Tom: Someone on the board asked about clickable cockpits, ala FS2004. Do you plan on any interface changes to include clickable cockpits? In the same vein what additions do you plan on implementing to improve coordination between yourself and AI pilots?

Oleg: We don't plan such a feature. In combat sim with clickable cockpits you will be sitting duck for the enemy (in particular case "” against AI). Also clickable by the mouse cockpits really doesn't corresponding to real life action of pilot. At first because of time for reaction of plane after your decision to make something by the mouse. In real life the hand or finger of the pilot would work way faster and as result the response of controls will be also way faster. So clickable by the buttons some of most important functions would be really much better.

Tom: The flight models in IL-2 were considered among the best made when the game was released. What changes have you made to the flight model to increase fidelity? At the same time will there be changes in the game to allow more of a hands on approach to things like starting procedures?

Oleg: In Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we will add even more precise calculations than in the last FM of IL-2 series. However user should understand always "” as more complex program and more calculations are at once "” more power system need to be present for the running program... So Storm of War: The Battle of Britain will be for the more power PC than the last in series of IL-2 modification. We don't plan to model absolutely all buttons of starting procedure working, like it is necessary for some real planes take off procedure with 20 or more clicks, movements of levers or so. This would be interesting for less than 1% of users... and even this one percent will try just once and then will play with the switched off such a function. Even real pilots. So to spend a time for a lot of programming for many different functions of a very different aircraft "” this would be really great waster of time. Someone might disagree with me. But I have more than 6 years flight sim development experience and statistics in my hands. However we will have really much more cockpit functions programmed in new sim comparing to IL-2 series.

Tom: How does the damage model compare to the original IL-2? How detailed will the damage model be? Will things like internal components (like cockpit components) be damageable in the new game?

Oleg: Really, even in IL-2 series the internal structure of the aircraft was modeled as well as its damage. In IL-2 series it was up to 40 structure 3D details damage-able (depending of the aircraft). This wasn't done for each of 300+ aircraft, the preference was given to these aircraft that most popular for users or that are necessary for the major gameplay. However such planes like Me-323, G-11 glider, transport or some old planes from original IL-2 had more simple damage structure due to time that need each plane that to model such things. However even more simple damage model was tuned as more as possible close to the complex one.

If to speak about Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we don't plan to increase too much the details of damage, but we plan to get way greater looking images of damage and to add incredibly more physics to the behavior of damaged parts and damage of still flying aircraft, including such a case when changes of G-loading at the turn or other maneuver will damage completely previously partially damaged by the shot wing or other part of aircraft. So you will need to pay great attention to fly damaged aircraft in terms of G-loading, landing, etc.

Tom: The AI in IL-2 was considered state-of-the-art in 2001, but by 2006 many seem to think that the enemy intelligence needed a major upgrade. Tell me how you plan on keeping the offline player on his toes with your AI in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain? For example, will the AI be more likely to use aircraft in a realistic manner and will the limitations that a human has (night and cloud vision, blackouts, etc.) be more prevalent in the new game?

Oleg: I'm personally still thinking that AI of IL-2 series is the most advanced of any flight sim. Or you can name me another one? In Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we will pay for the new AI features that are requested by new features of the sim itself. We will pay more attention to the interaction between AI and player, will add more commands and various of AI response to them in both modes of single play and online. Night and cloud vision will be modeled as well.

Tom: One of the biggest draws to games like European Air War and the Rowan / Shockwave Battle of Britain was the large bomber formations that players could see in the game. Do you plan on having large aircraft formations rendered in this game and if you do what do you plan on doing to balance this with the obvious system slowdowns this may cause?

Oleg: In IL-2 series is also possible 1000+ bombers at once. Some users even make such missions where in air is 700+ aircraft and on the ground is 1200+ tanks, cars, 600,000 buildings, etc. And if you'll compare the AI, the work of aircraft engines modeling, and all previously described to the named above sims, you'll may find that it will be too slow running. Main FPS eater in IL-2 series for such a case was AI and modeling of each AI aircraft engine behavior like the player aircraft. Al planes are fair, the same as user, comparing to the simple programs of EAW and Rowan / Shockwave Battle of Britain.

In our Battle of Britain we plan to get possible large amount of aircraft flying in action, however for this we will need to use some smart technology that will decrease the level of AI behavior realism on some distance to the user aircraft. This isn't easy task in programming, because fans ask to have large amount with the incredible quality of Aircraft, AI, modeling of physics for each stand alone object in air, including all flights to target of each bullet and shell. Hope you understand what I mean. The other limit is our features with track recording. Probably we will prohibit to switch camera to the other long distance areas after the track was recorded, because of described above problem of realism modeling. You know, all ask for realism and then do not understand what we will pay for it.

Tom: The campaign in all of the IL-2 games was considered okay but not the strong point of the game. I We know that you have planned on revamping the single player aspect of the game to actually involve the player in the campaign. How will the campaign in Battle of Britain actually differ from the one in Forgotten Battles?

Oleg: All I can say now "” it will be different to IL-2 series.

Tom: In the same vein, how much individual control will the player have in his squadron or group? Will individual players have the ability to promote / demote AI players or to control more of the day to day activities of the squadron? In other words what do you plan on doing that will draw the player actually into the game?

Oleg: It will depends of Player rank.

Tom: One of the strengths of the original game was the ability of the title to incorporate new aircraft and locations. Are their plans to do something in the same vein, to make Battle of Britain the first of several titles using the same engine? Will BOB be like IL-2 in that individuals will be able to make add on aircraft and incorporate it after it goes through your approval process?

Oleg: Yes we plan to get Storm of War: The Battle of Britain as a series of sims with the possibility to add more and more. Really it is our general plan and interface of the sim and code of program we currently design with the look to such features.

Tom: One of our readers stated that you mentioned that there is a possibility of human crewed ground guns or even vehicles. Is this actually planned for the game or is this just a function of the game engine that will allow for additions include ground combat?

Oleg: Can't answer 100% right now. But I can say 100% that we model the ground mechanics with the quality equal or better than in modern shooters.

Tom: Along the same line how do you plan on incorporating the realism of the game while at the same time incorporating these new aircraft. A lot of the aircraft added on to the game either were unavailable in offline games or had only one or two canned missions added to them. Will there be a more dedicated attempt to not only include more aircraft but to incorporate them into the actual game?

Oleg: We will be more open to third party development.

Tom: The IL-2 series really shines online. Online services like Hyperfigher and Ubi's own service have really added to the longevity of the series. What plans do you have to actually improve on what is already considered one of the best online experiences found in a box game?

Oleg: Users will have what they requested playing IL-2 these years, what we already have in IL-2 and new modes that will come in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain for the first time in the world for flight sims.

Tom: In the same vein, what are the planned multiplayer limits for the game? Can we realistically see 128 players flying at a time? Right now IL-2 / AEP can theoretically hold 128 people in a dogfight arena but rarely can a person's system handle that much drain. What do you see as a realistic multiplayer number in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain?

Oleg: We'll see in future. If to decrease the amount of features and data that we transfer in each channel, we really would offer 1000+ players. However our users like the features that they got in IL-2 series (some of the were coming for the first time in the world!) for online gameplay, so we dislike to decrease them that to get massive multiplayer game. Our goal would be the balance of quality and quantity.

The other great problem of modern time that the real speed of online channels has actually decreased compared say to 4 years ago. This is because of the constant traffic going across Internet channels of millions and millions of spam messages. This is the illness that really decreases the overall speed of Internet!

Tom: This is a sticky subject but it needs to be asked. Several of our readers are concerned about copy protection schemes that may be used with this game. I know that Ubisoft is no longer going to use Starforce as their copy protection system but what plans do you have to protect your intellectual property while at the same time easing the fears of some gamers who are put off by heavy handed protection schemes?

Oleg: Protection of Software is a business of Publisher.

Tom: Another question of course concerns the hardware requirements needed to run this game. I know you can't be specific but can you give a guess as to what kind of system will be needed to run the game at a reasonable framerate? A lot of our readers are actually considering total upgrades of their systems based upon this title and want to know what kind of equipment they should be looking at.

Oleg: I think players should upgrade their PC after the release of Storm of War: The Battle of Britain, but not now. Minimum system would be probably like last year good system for IL-2 series.

Tom: A couple of actual Battle of Britain related questions. How will the game actually simulate the differences between the two sides? For example, the British had the advantage of an early warning radar system that was a great equalizer when it came to the superiority of German numbers. Will things like radar be modeled or is this something that is not necessary when you consider the campaign structure?

Oleg: Several Radar types of both sides for that period of WWII are ready and we plan to make AI and player to interact with them.

Tom: Another question concerns the availability of possible upgrades to aircraft or complete new weapons systems. For example, it is fairly well known that 20mm cannon equipped Spitfires were possible in 1940 but due to jamming and other teething problems they didn't see service until after the battle. Will there be the ability to possibly equip your aircraft with modifications that weren't part of a unit's specific TO&E? I specifically want the cigar lighter in Adolf Galland's Bf 109.

Oleg: About weapon use is too early to ask, but really some new features that were requested by users in the past will be present.

Tom: Will there be any kind of training program for new fliers coming into the game? A minor criticism of the IL-2 series was the learning curve was considered fairly high for novice pilots. Will there be a way to ease newbies into realistic flight?

Oleg: Probably, but we would like to put in a sim more easy arcade settings of difficulty levels. By other words we plan to get it more scalable from novices to pro. However, using the joypad will be anyway impossible.

Tom: Final Question. What do you see is the expansion possibilities of this game? One of the biggest assets the IL-2 series had was its ability to cover more than just the Eastern Front. Do you plan on Battle of Britain becoming an expansion simulation the way the original IL-2 did?

Oleg: Yes it is our main goal.

Tom: Thanks a lot for your time and effort on this.

starfighter1
13-05-06, 12:46
http://www.simhq.com/_air6/air_220a.html

Interview
May 13, 2006

Oleg Discusses What's Next
Storm of War: The Battle of Britain

by Tom "WKLINK" Cofield

Tom: First off thank you for devoting the time to put together this interview with SimHQ. I know you are busy and any information you can give to the readers will be greatly appreciated.

Oleg: Long time no news from me. Thanks for contacting me again.

Tom: The Battle of Britain has been rendered either in whole or as part of quite a few games from CFS1 to EAW to Rowan's and Shockwave / GMX's Battle of Britain. In the IL-2 series you never really concentrated on this aerial battle. What compelled you to look at this battle in particular?

Oleg: In IL-2 series we didn't model it because we were planning to get new 3D engine and new fundamental features before to begin this process. In IL-2 series is too hard to model Cliffs of Dover looking real. As you know me, I like to get such things always looking well and natural.

Tom: There has been a fairly preliminary list of aircraft listed or leaked that will come in Battle of Britain. Can you give us an idea of what aircraft we will see in this game? Which ones will be flyable?

Oleg: In Storm of War: The Battle of Britain you will find so many aircraft and details that were never modeled in any flight sims that were about this period of WWII. However there will be smaller amount of flyable planes comparing to that list of the first release of original IL-2 Sturmovik with which we were coming on the market of flight simulation.

Tom: When IL-2 was initially viewed in 1999 and 2000 it was hailed as one of the most realistic looking simulations ever made. In Battle of Britain you claim to take this detail to a whole new level. How are you planning on making this even more of a visual treat?

Oleg: In IL-2 series from 2001 to the current time we tried to keep the same or almost the same level of details. It was necessary due to the feature of upgrades and merged install of the whole series. Even it looks still modern in details, in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we'll raise the level of details several times. If now is possible to use IL-2 series for the cinema makers, then Storm of War: The Battle of Britain will be way more useful and looks like real. I also would say that probably our cockpits many authors of aviation historical books will use now as a reference. If you remember, IL-2 was released with the advantage of the graphics features that were opened 100% only last year. However at the same time IL-2 was very playable even on middle power PC of 2000-2001. Such advantage and features of graphics engine we'll put also in the new sim engine, because we plan even longer life of new series than the IL-2 series. Despite the fact that IL-2 engine is still possible to use for a very good new sims (the engine licensed for 2 advanced teams, so we expect two more sims using base code of IL-2 with modifications in 2007), we decided to develop completely new engine again with more advanced features and with advantages for future use and upcoming technologies that will help us to keep the most possible high level for many years ahead (again, like it is currently with IL-2 series).

Tom: Someone on the board asked about clickable cockpits, ala FS2004. Do you plan on any interface changes to include clickable cockpits? In the same vein what additions do you plan on implementing to improve coordination between yourself and AI pilots?

Oleg: We don't plan such a feature. In combat sim with clickable cockpits you will be sitting duck for the enemy (in particular case "” against AI). Also clickable by the mouse cockpits really doesn't corresponding to real life action of pilot. At first because of time for reaction of plane after your decision to make something by the mouse. In real life the hand or finger of the pilot would work way faster and as result the response of controls will be also way faster. So clickable by the buttons some of most important functions would be really much better.

Tom: The flight models in IL-2 were considered among the best made when the game was released. What changes have you made to the flight model to increase fidelity? At the same time will there be changes in the game to allow more of a hands on approach to things like starting procedures?

Oleg: In Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we will add even more precise calculations than in the last FM of IL-2 series. However user should understand always "” as more complex program and more calculations are at once "” more power system need to be present for the running program... So Storm of War: The Battle of Britain will be for the more power PC than the last in series of IL-2 modification. We don't plan to model absolutely all buttons of starting procedure working, like it is necessary for some real planes take off procedure with 20 or more clicks, movements of levers or so. This would be interesting for less than 1% of users... and even this one percent will try just once and then will play with the switched off such a function. Even real pilots. So to spend a time for a lot of programming for many different functions of a very different aircraft "” this would be really great waster of time. Someone might disagree with me. But I have more than 6 years flight sim development experience and statistics in my hands. However we will have really much more cockpit functions programmed in new sim comparing to IL-2 series.

Tom: How does the damage model compare to the original IL-2? How detailed will the damage model be? Will things like internal components (like cockpit components) be damageable in the new game?

Oleg: Really, even in IL-2 series the internal structure of the aircraft was modeled as well as its damage. In IL-2 series it was up to 40 structure 3D details damage-able (depending of the aircraft). This wasn't done for each of 300+ aircraft, the preference was given to these aircraft that most popular for users or that are necessary for the major gameplay. However such planes like Me-323, G-11 glider, transport or some old planes from original IL-2 had more simple damage structure due to time that need each plane that to model such things. However even more simple damage model was tuned as more as possible close to the complex one.

If to speak about Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we don't plan to increase too much the details of damage, but we plan to get way greater looking images of damage and to add incredibly more physics to the behavior of damaged parts and damage of still flying aircraft, including such a case when changes of G-loading at the turn or other maneuver will damage completely previously partially damaged by the shot wing or other part of aircraft. So you will need to pay great attention to fly damaged aircraft in terms of G-loading, landing, etc.

Tom: The AI in IL-2 was considered state-of-the-art in 2001, but by 2006 many seem to think that the enemy intelligence needed a major upgrade. Tell me how you plan on keeping the offline player on his toes with your AI in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain? For example, will the AI be more likely to use aircraft in a realistic manner and will the limitations that a human has (night and cloud vision, blackouts, etc.) be more prevalent in the new game?

Oleg: I'm personally still thinking that AI of IL-2 series is the most advanced of any flight sim. Or you can name me another one? In Storm of War: The Battle of Britain we will pay for the new AI features that are requested by new features of the sim itself. We will pay more attention to the interaction between AI and player, will add more commands and various of AI response to them in both modes of single play and online. Night and cloud vision will be modeled as well.

Tom: One of the biggest draws to games like European Air War and the Rowan / Shockwave Battle of Britain was the large bomber formations that players could see in the game. Do you plan on having large aircraft formations rendered in this game and if you do what do you plan on doing to balance this with the obvious system slowdowns this may cause?

Oleg: In IL-2 series is also possible 1000+ bombers at once. Some users even make such missions where in air is 700+ aircraft and on the ground is 1200+ tanks, cars, 600,000 buildings, etc. And if you'll compare the AI, the work of aircraft engines modeling, and all previously described to the named above sims, you'll may find that it will be too slow running. Main FPS eater in IL-2 series for such a case was AI and modeling of each AI aircraft engine behavior like the player aircraft. Al planes are fair, the same as user, comparing to the simple programs of EAW and Rowan / Shockwave Battle of Britain.

In our Battle of Britain we plan to get possible large amount of aircraft flying in action, however for this we will need to use some smart technology that will decrease the level of AI behavior realism on some distance to the user aircraft. This isn't easy task in programming, because fans ask to have large amount with the incredible quality of Aircraft, AI, modeling of physics for each stand alone object in air, including all flights to target of each bullet and shell. Hope you understand what I mean. The other limit is our features with track recording. Probably we will prohibit to switch camera to the other long distance areas after the track was recorded, because of described above problem of realism modeling. You know, all ask for realism and then do not understand what we will pay for it.

Tom: The campaign in all of the IL-2 games was considered okay but not the strong point of the game. I We know that you have planned on revamping the single player aspect of the game to actually involve the player in the campaign. How will the campaign in Battle of Britain actually differ from the one in Forgotten Battles?

Oleg: All I can say now "” it will be different to IL-2 series.

Tom: In the same vein, how much individual control will the player have in his squadron or group? Will individual players have the ability to promote / demote AI players or to control more of the day to day activities of the squadron? In other words what do you plan on doing that will draw the player actually into the game?

Oleg: It will depends of Player rank.

Tom: One of the strengths of the original game was the ability of the title to incorporate new aircraft and locations. Are their plans to do something in the same vein, to make Battle of Britain the first of several titles using the same engine? Will BOB be like IL-2 in that individuals will be able to make add on aircraft and incorporate it after it goes through your approval process?

Oleg: Yes we plan to get Storm of War: The Battle of Britain as a series of sims with the possibility to add more and more. Really it is our general plan and interface of the sim and code of program we currently design with the look to such features.

Tom: One of our readers stated that you mentioned that there is a possibility of human crewed ground guns or even vehicles. Is this actually planned for the game or is this just a function of the game engine that will allow for additions include ground combat?

Oleg: Can't answer 100% right now. But I can say 100% that we model the ground mechanics with the quality equal or better than in modern shooters.

Tom: Along the same line how do you plan on incorporating the realism of the game while at the same time incorporating these new aircraft. A lot of the aircraft added on to the game either were unavailable in offline games or had only one or two canned missions added to them. Will there be a more dedicated attempt to not only include more aircraft but to incorporate them into the actual game?

Oleg: We will be more open to third party development.

Tom: The IL-2 series really shines online. Online services like Hyperfigher and Ubi's own service have really added to the longevity of the series. What plans do you have to actually improve on what is already considered one of the best online experiences found in a box game?

Oleg: Users will have what they requested playing IL-2 these years, what we already have in IL-2 and new modes that will come in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain for the first time in the world for flight sims.

Tom: In the same vein, what are the planned multiplayer limits for the game? Can we realistically see 128 players flying at a time? Right now IL-2 / AEP can theoretically hold 128 people in a dogfight arena but rarely can a person's system handle that much drain. What do you see as a realistic multiplayer number in Storm of War: The Battle of Britain?

Oleg: We'll see in future. If to decrease the amount of features and data that we transfer in each channel, we really would offer 1000+ players. However our users like the features that they got in IL-2 series (some of the were coming for the first time in the world!) for online gameplay, so we dislike to decrease them that to get massive multiplayer game. Our goal would be the balance of quality and quantity.

The other great problem of modern time that the real speed of online channels has actually decreased compared say to 4 years ago. This is because of the constant traffic going across Internet channels of millions and millions of spam messages. This is the illness that really decreases the overall speed of Internet!

Tom: This is a sticky subject but it needs to be asked. Several of our readers are concerned about copy protection schemes that may be used with this game. I know that Ubisoft is no longer going to use Starforce as their copy protection system but what plans do you have to protect your intellectual property while at the same time easing the fears of some gamers who are put off by heavy handed protection schemes?

Oleg: Protection of Software is a business of Publisher.

Tom: Another question of course concerns the hardware requirements needed to run this game. I know you can't be specific but can you give a guess as to what kind of system will be needed to run the game at a reasonable framerate? A lot of our readers are actually considering total upgrades of their systems based upon this title and want to know what kind of equipment they should be looking at.

Oleg: I think players should upgrade their PC after the release of Storm of War: The Battle of Britain, but not now. Minimum system would be probably like last year good system for IL-2 series.

Tom: A couple of actual Battle of Britain related questions. How will the game actually simulate the differences between the two sides? For example, the British had the advantage of an early warning radar system that was a great equalizer when it came to the superiority of German numbers. Will things like radar be modeled or is this something that is not necessary when you consider the campaign structure?

Oleg: Several Radar types of both sides for that period of WWII are ready and we plan to make AI and player to interact with them.

Tom: Another question concerns the availability of possible upgrades to aircraft or complete new weapons systems. For example, it is fairly well known that 20mm cannon equipped Spitfires were possible in 1940 but due to jamming and other teething problems they didn't see service until after the battle. Will there be the ability to possibly equip your aircraft with modifications that weren't part of a unit's specific TO&E? I specifically want the cigar lighter in Adolf Galland's Bf 109.

Oleg: About weapon use is too early to ask, but really some new features that were requested by users in the past will be present.

Tom: Will there be any kind of training program for new fliers coming into the game? A minor criticism of the IL-2 series was the learning curve was considered fairly high for novice pilots. Will there be a way to ease newbies into realistic flight?

Oleg: Probably, but we would like to put in a sim more easy arcade settings of difficulty levels. By other words we plan to get it more scalable from novices to pro. However, using the joypad will be anyway impossible.

Tom: Final Question. What do you see is the expansion possibilities of this game? One of the biggest assets the IL-2 series had was its ability to cover more than just the Eastern Front. Do you plan on Battle of Britain becoming an expansion simulation the way the original IL-2 did?

Oleg: Yes it is our main goal.

Tom: Thanks a lot for your time and effort on this.

Foo.bar
13-05-06, 13:24
Ab und zu mal in den Sticky schauen würde nicht schaden http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tetrapack
13-05-06, 13:54
Oder in den Thread: SimHQ: Neues von SoW:TBoB!

Harti hat den Link dort schon vorher gepostet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

starfighter1
13-05-06, 14:01
Ok ...übersehen
denke aber wäre auch einen extra Beitrag wert wenn man näher auf das Interview eingehen und darüber diskuttieren möchte ..ev auch übersetzen falls gewünscht

naja und Newbe 'Abschwung' alias ex 'plumps' wollte auch noch was aktuell dazu sagen http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

also nicht so ernst und streng alles sehen Tetrapack http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tetrapack:
Oder in den Thread: SimHQ: Neues von SoW:TBoB!

Harti hat den Link dort schon vorher gepostet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tetrapack
13-05-06, 14:20
Dann solltest du aber das Interview auch übersetzen oder wenigstens kommentieren http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Willey
13-05-06, 17:33
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Foo.bar:
Ab und zu mal in den Sticky schauen würde nicht schaden http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hab da einmal reingeguckt, als du den angelegt hast http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Warum? Weil man nicht sieht, daß sich da was tut. Könntest den Thread ja quasi bumpen, wenn du ihn editierst. Und immer den Bump von davor löschen, damit sich das Ding nicht unnötig füllt. Aber dann ändert sich das Last Posted, wenn da mal was Neues zu sehen ist http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Foo.bar
13-05-06, 17:44
Du hast halt immer noch die besten Ideen http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

starfighter1
14-05-06, 03:46
@Foo.bar
Hast Du eine Erklärung dafür warum O.M. kein ausführliches Statement zu BoB wie im Interview bei simhq nicht auch im Ubi-Forum /O.R.R abgegeben hat http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Mal unabhängig vom Werbeffekt bei anderen Foren http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

und Willey hat Recht ..aber wirklich http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Im Moment diskuttiert man über ne ältere Flugsim und die Su-26 http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

hat denn keiner das Interview gelsen über den Link ? Gibt es Sprachprobleme ?

Foo.bar ..und genau deswegen habe ich das hier gepostet damit man sich sehr dezidiert mit dem Interview auseinandsetzen kann http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
und nicht über formelle Linkprobleme oder sonstige 'Hase und Igel' Geschichten schwadroniert http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also entweder wird inhaltlich Stellung genommen oder ab in 'verschobenen Threads'

Meine zwei Stellungnahmen zum Interview:

Oleg Maddox spricht von einer 'Evolution' der Kampagnenfeatures.. Was meint er damit ?

Habe eh den Eindruck da wird sehr viel noch unter der Decke gehalten !

Neue Hardware nach Erscheinen von BoB kaufen http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
so der Tip von O.M.
Minimum wäre jetzige High Class bei FB/PF mit der BoB wenigstens laufen sollte.

so das wär's erst mal für den Anfang

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Foo.bar:
Du hast halt immer noch die besten Ideen http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

starfighter1
14-05-06, 04:01
hallo,
hier was ganz Einfaches für den Anfang und auf die Schnelle in Richtung übersetzung http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.online-translator.com/url/tran_url.asp?lang=...2.x=64&psubmit2.y=20 (http://www.online-translator.com/url/tran_url.asp?lang=de&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simhq.com%2F_air6%2Fair_220a. html&direction=eg&template=General&cp1=NO&cp2=NO&autotranslate=on&transliterate=on&psubmit2.x=64&psubmit2.y=20)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tetrapack:
Dann solltest du aber das Interview auch übersetzen oder wenigstens kommentieren http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harry-Piel
14-05-06, 05:05
Nicht umsonst heisst das Ubi- Forum in der Community nur noch: Ubi-Zoo
Das kann doch keiner mehr lesen, geschweige den ernst nehmen.

Foo.bar
14-05-06, 05:18
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by starfighter1:
@Foo.bar
Hast Du eine Erklärung dafür warum O.M. kein ausführliches Statement zu BoB wie im Interview bei simhq nicht auch im Ubi-Forum /O.R.R abgegeben hat http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Natürlich. Die Leute von SimHQ sind hingegangen, haben sich ihn geschnappt und interviewt. Das ist für Oleg doch wohl ein Unterschied, als ob er sich irgendwo auf der Messe vor nen Internet-PC hinsetzt und sich stundenlang einen Post ausdenkt.

Außerdem, worüber beklagst Du dich? Das Interview ist doch hier in voller Länge schon drin, sogar mehrmals. Würdest Du dich besser fühlen, wenn Oleg es 10 Minuten vorher selber im ORR geschrieben hätte?

Aber um auf Deine Frage zu antworten: Nein, ich habe keine Erklärung dafür von Oleg bekommen. Ich glaube sogar, dass ihm das so ziemlich scheißegal ist, was ich davon halte.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Mal unabhängig vom Werbeffekt bei anderen Foren http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

und Willey hat Recht ..aber wirklich http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Im Moment diskuttiert man über ne ältere Flugsim und die Su-26 http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

(...)

Foo.bar ..und genau deswegen habe ich das hier gepostet damit man sich sehr dezidiert mit dem Interview auseinandsetzen kann http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
und nicht über formelle Linkprobleme oder sonstige 'Hase und Igel' Geschichten schwadroniert http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hä? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Habe eh den Eindruck da wird sehr viel noch unter der Decke gehalten ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dein Eindruck täuscht Dich nicht. Und wer meint, dass die vier bisher gezeigten "Screen"-Shots auch nur eine Winzigkeit mit der Spieleengine oder dem fertigen Spiel zu tun hätten, der irrt gewaltig.

Nach meiner Meinung ist es noch ein paar Wochen zu früh, um sich mit irgendwelchen Details zu SoW:BoB auseinanderzusetzen. Dazu haben wir alle noch zu wenig sinnvolle Informationen.

JG4_Helofly
14-05-06, 05:56
Ganz interessant. Nur hab ich da was mit den Schadensmodell nicht ganz verstanden. Im Interview sieht es so aus als ob da nicht viel mehr kommen wird, aber was ist mit dynamischem SM? Oder meint er nur interne Schäden oder was?

Schade wäre es natürlich, wenn das Motoren SM genau so vereinfacht würde wie jetzt in il2.
Mal abwarten was kommt.

starfighter1
14-05-06, 06:08
@Harry-Piel
im Interview wird O.M. auch gefragt wie es um deb Copyschutz usw. bestellt ist ?

Er antwortet sinngemäß: alles Sache des Publishers !

Nun ist es auch Sache des Publishers was mit der Box kommt neben den zwei DVD's ?

Das sind doch Fragen wieder die in den von Dir benannten 'Ubi-Zoo' (Foren) gehöen !?

oder wie ..
1)Thema Handbuch z.B.
2) ev TrackIR 6dof Combi-Edition
3) kommt vorab eine spielbare Demo ?

Das sind durchaus Fragen für die sich die User im Ubiforum interessieren, denn die andereren Fragen und Wünsche sind im Moment überhaupt nicht akut http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

@Foo.bar
entschuldige mal... so einfältig im Marketing ist O. Maddox bestimmt nicht http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
um sich stundenlang vor einen PC zu setzten um
die Features aus der E3 heraus zu posten http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

aber einfältig sind die Marketing- und Promotion
Leute vom Publisher, die hätten z.B. für alle Foren eine Nachricht mit dem Inhalt zusammenstellen können neben ner kurzen PR-Nachricht, die eh gemacht wird vom Publsiher

die freiwilligen Moderatoren nehme ich da ausdrücklich aus ..hängen eh am Info-Tropf des Publishers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harry-Piel:
Nicht umsonst heisst das Ubi- Forum in der Community nur noch: Ubi-Zoo
Das kann doch keiner mehr lesen, geschweige den ernst nehmen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Foo.bar
14-05-06, 06:17
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">die freiwilligen Moderatoren nehme ich da ausdrücklich aus ..hängen eh am Info-Tropf des Publishers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also. Dann war ich ja wohl der falsche Addressat. Erledigt.

Außerdem sagte Oleg, dass er nach der E3 wieder öfter im ORR was Neues sagen will.

starfighter1
14-05-06, 06:23
@JG4_Helofly
ich denke wir werden uns doch noch etwas Gedulden müssen.
In einem zeitlich begrenzten Interview auf einer Trubel-Messe wie die E3 kann man ausführliche Antworten nicht erwarten.
Insofern hat Foo.bar recht..wir müssen wohl noch etwas abwarten bis diese Dinge vom Entwickler näher erläutert werden und er die Decke auch lüften will http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Aber Ok vielleicht gibt er noch andere Interviews z.B. für die PC-Pilot !?

abwarten und http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/kaffeetrinker_2.gif trinken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG4_Helofly:
Ganz interessant. Nur hab ich da was mit den Schadensmodell nicht ganz verstanden. Im Interview sieht es so aus als ob da nicht viel mehr kommen wird, aber was ist mit dynamischem SM? Oder meint er nur interne Schäden oder was?

Schade wäre es natürlich, wenn das Motoren SM genau so vereinfacht würde wie jetzt in il2.
Mal abwarten was kommt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>