PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Does WE work with Steam version of Dawn of Discovery?

citybuilder
06-03-10, 19:22
Hallo,

I downloaded the World Editor and tried to install it but there was some error. I read about enough German to get me thrown in Jail for loitering so I don't know what it said exactly but I'd have to guess that it was either telling me that it couldn't find Anno 1404 or that the version that it did find was not compatible with the World Editor or something along those lines.

I have the "Steam" version of Dawn of Discovery. I've received different information, some people telling me that it should work fine, and others telling me that it won't work with Steam version of game, others saying it won't work with Dawn of Discovery version.

Can somebody tell me the real story with the World Editor? Is there a way to get it to work with the Steam version of Dawn of Discovery, and if so, How?

Thank you,

creehawk
07-03-10, 01:47
No. http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

It's a problem with windows registry and the steam remarks.

You may use this instruction:
STEAM Threat (http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4301042597/m/3831003597/p/2)
A little bit tricky, but it works.

Tomorrow a new version appears, primalary to AddOn Venice.

creehawk

Neuroquila
07-03-10, 04:44
You may also lend a retail dvd and install that instead which will cause the world editor to recognize the game. Of course you don't even need to start this installation.

I don't know your capabilities or possibilities but this is a less "techie" solution.

citybuilder
07-03-10, 06:33
Thank you for the suggestion. It's only unfortunate that everybody that I know that has bought Anno 1404 Venice is playing with it and I'm sure wouldn't want to have to send the original disk to me all the way across the country or across the world for that matter. Still, something to keep in mind once my friends have grown tired of playing with Venice in 3 to 6 months.

I tried that information with regards editing the registry but couldn't get it to work. I'm guessing that there is some information in that post in that thread that the translation of the page is not doing a good job at translating it and I'm leaving something out unfortunately.